Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Is Ahmad Ismail willing to do the same for the Malays?

It is a shame that Ahmad Ismail of UMNO resorted to describing the Chinese as immigrant squatters and therefore not to be treated equally. He also questioned the Chinese’s willingness to share and distribute their wealth equally with the other races.

I really cannot understand why some people, especially those from UMNO can come up with such remarks. But then again, coming from someone in UMNO, I really shouldn't be so surprised.

He also has the cheek to question the Chinese's willingness to share and distribute their wealth equally with the other races. What does he mean by sharing and distributing our wealth equally? Giving away our wealth to those who are not willing to work for it? Come on. Would he and other rich UMNO politicians and Malays willingly do that? I don't see any rich UMNO politicians or Malays sharing their wealth wih the poor Malays. The point is, I and I am sure that most, if not all, Chinese or any race or any one would do that.

However, I would be willing to employ, go into partnership or work together with Malays who are hardworking and capable. I would not hesitate to teach them what I know so long as I know they are not racists. Why should I share my knowledge or work with people who hates my race or me? In all my life, I have very good relationship with my Malay and Indian friends and staff. I love them just as much as I love my own race friends. Why? It's because they do not see me as a Chinese but as a friend and I see them they same way too.

So, do not ask others to do what you are not willing to do for your own race. Instead, ask all races to come together and help each other. Ask the Malays to be willing to work hard and be efficient instead and you will see opportunities opening up for them to succeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ur right, as if those UMNOputras want to share their wealth with the poor Malays. No way man. The rich gets richer the poor gets poorer.

I am a Malay and I strongly disagree with this guy. It is stated in the Quraan that Muslims should not memburukkan kaum yang lain, because kaum yang diburukkan itu mungkin lbih baik dari kaum yang memburukkan.

When I read one of UMNO people punya blog/website, I'm quite surprised that they support Ahmad's stupid statement, but then again it's not totally unexpected. Ahmad has given a bad name to Malays, Malaysia and Islam.