Wednesday, September 24, 2008

RPK, a hero not to be forgotten

I never expected that I would be so overcomed by emotions or would shed a tear for someone whom I don't know personally. Yes, RPK or Raja Petra has done this to me. Made me into an emotional wreck since his arrest under ISA. Now, how did he managed to make me feel this way? In this world of today, most people are selfish, caring for themselves and their families only. Few would sacrifice all they have and risk being sent to prison just to see justice and speak the truth. I thought I would never live to see a Mahatma Gandhi in my lifetime and especially in Malaysia. RPK, a Prince who gave himself to all of us so that hopefully Malaysia will see a brighter future.

RPK made me and many non-Muslims see that Islam is a good religion, practices fairness and justice. It is people like him that gives Islam a good name. Unfortunately, our government has chosen to twist it around and use religion to imprison him. It is our government that practices injustice by imprisoning people under ISA under the pretext of religion that gives religion a bad name.

This is what RPK said in one of his blogs :
RPK says: No, I am not a deviant or a blasphemous Muslim of the worst kind. It is those in government who are. And I will uphold the true Islam and oppose these deviants till my last breath and the last drop of my blood. Sure, punish me with laws that Islam forbids. Today, I will face you in a kangaroo court to face punishment under laws that Islam forbids. Tomorrow, I will be the witness in God’s court where you will then face trial for violating God’s laws. In God’s court, I will be assured justice denied me now. And the punishment you receive in God’s court will be many times worse than what you can do to me in this world. And God will determine if I am a deviant and a blasphemous Muslim of the worst kind. That is not for you to say. God never appointed you His assistant here on earth. Instead, God said He knows what is in our hearts and only He will know
---end--

I appeal to all Malaysians to search your heart and give your support to RPK and all the ISA detainees. Fight to abolish ISA. Today, it is them and their families suffering. Tomorrow, it might be you or someone you know or love.

Go to this website to see what you can do to show your support.
http://mt.m2day.org/2008/content/view/13056/84/

You shall not be forgotten RPK and whatever happens, your name will definitely be in our Malaysian history as a hero. We love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"RPK made me and many non-Muslims see that Islam is a good religion, practices fairness and justice. It is people like him that gives Islam a good name."

wow, terharu I baca this statement. baguslah if u rasa begitu. I don't really read RPK's blog on a regular basis but I don't understand y he is perceived as a "threat" or pengacau keamananan negara when the Altantuya bomber (whoever it is) or the recalcitrant racist Ahmad Ismail still roam free? Does RPK know how to bomb people? Are RPK writings so influential that a racist riot will ensue after a certain blog post? Even if RPK is really a threat, he should just be brought to the court of law, not detained and "silenced" under ISA.

Since his arrest, I always think about his sufferings that he would endure in Kamunting. And I always tell myself to be strong, for whatever that befalls me is only 1% of what befalls RPK.

btw, i arrived here from Teresa Kok's blog..